This recipe is from the GoodtoKnow Website which is a great place to find healthy recipe ideas. They have all kinds of requirements, budgets and time-frames covered too.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 4 hours 30 minutes (it is a slow cooker recipe after all!)
Calories 187 per portion
1kg chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp. ketjap manis
2 tbsp. agave syrup
2 green chillies, sliced
Thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
Large handful of coriander
3 spring onions, chopped
1. Put the chicken, soy and fish sauces, vinegar, ketjap manis, agave, chillies, ginger and garlic into a slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours.
2. Alternatively, place all the ingredients in a casserole with a scrunched up piece of wet greaseproof paper inside the lid and cook in the oven on its lowest setting for 3 hours.
3. Remove the chicken from the bones and loosely pull apart just before serving.
4. Garnish the chicken and sauce with sesame seeds, coriander and spring onion.
5. Serve with sticky rice or noodles.