This recipe is one of my favourite baking recipes. It’s a Jamie Oliver one which means they’re super easy and delicious. The baking time below is a guideline but I would recommend keeping a close eye on them as you don’t want them to become overcooked and no longer gooey. I’ve baked these in a couple of different ovens and each one has taken a different amount of time to get perfect.
Serves Makes 10-12 slices
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Calories Who cares?! These are meant to be a treat!
200g good quality dark chocolate (preferably around 70%)
250g unsalted butter
80g cocoa powder
65g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
350g caster sugar
4 large eggs
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4 and line a rectangular baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Break the chocolate up into small pieces. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a large bowl over simmering water. Stir until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and sugar.
4. Slowly mix the melted chocolate mix into the bowl with the dry ingredients (a little bit at a time works well) and stir together. Beat the eggs and mix in until you have a silky consistency.
5. Pour the brownie mix into the baking tray and place in the oven for around 25 minutes. You want the brownies to be gooey so you don’t want them to be firm to the touch.